Nickie and Farmer's Wife have asked me to write about 10 things that make me happy. Many things have this effect on me but here is just ten:-
1. Getting up in the morning. Each day is a gift.
2. Stroking my dogs as they stroke me back with their adoring eyes.
3. My pink fluffy dressing gown.
4. Getting the quarterly brown envelope that contains our VAT rebate.
5. Having a full chocolate drawer.
6. Amy's return from school.
7. A cuppa.
8. Assisting a lamb birth. No matter how many times I do it, happy tears always flow.
9. Daffodils. They're a beautiful way to start Spring.
10. You. Blogging. Networking. And the many websites I have become a member of.
And, Sam has started a new weekly prompt on Food for Thought, which for me is rather a challenge. Being very undomesticated and one of those lazy cooks who hopes the freezer will have all the answers, I thought I would give it a go. The idea is she gives you a word prompt and the participant thinks of a recipe surrounding that food. This week's food is "bacon". So here goes: place two rashers under a hot grill (I don't do fried), butter two slices of bread, and place the grilled rashers on top of one slice of buttered bread. Add a little tommy sauce if you wish, then eat. The Farmer says they're scrumptious. I don't eat bacon. I hope you all feel a lot better now for being taught this massively difficult method of home economics.
p.s. Amy has posted a new story on her blog. Please pop over if you can.