Thursday, 29 July 2010

Cleaner, Much.

Well I realise a post about dog poo isn't really appropriate for a family run blog so I decided to add another post onto today's reading.  So, what have I done so far.  Been to the Co-op, had a row with my other half and sat in a sulk for an hour because we had no hot water.  Does anyone want to buy an Aga?  I'm sick of it to tell you the truth, and would very happily rip it out and replace it with a nice comfy sofa.  You see the Aga usually heats the water as well as being used as a cooker.  Ha, what a laugh.  For forty-odd years the Aga has indeed heated the water but in the last twelve months it has over-heated the water and caused it to bubble in the tank which means we get scalding water out of the taps, at a temperature over which Health & Safety would be proud to fill out a stream of paperwork.  So we turned it off.  Got the plumber in to assess the problem and came to the conclusion that we would start using the immersion heater to heat the water and just use the Aga to cook.  But there is a switch on the immersion heater that has a mind of its own and keeps turning itself on and off.

Since last Sunday we have had no hot water.  Amy can't have her evening bath and I can't wash up in hot water.  And the Farmer has ignored the problem, thinking he can fix it himself.  Worried about plumber's bills I expect, not to mention his pride, his lapsidaisical attitude has really got my goat today.  I rang the plumber myself and I will ring him again later just to make sure he got my message.  I'm sick of the damn thing.  Apparently, Aga's last for years, many more years than the forty-odd it has currently been installed in our kitchen.  And to make matters worse, my mum is coming later and will no doubt want a bath tonight.  Good job the shower's electric.

21 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what a mare!

    Hope you get things sorted...and patched up with hubby!

    xx

    btw - I would LOVE an Aga. But not yours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot water is one of modern life's essentials. You did the right thing. Get the plumber in. If he turns up can you send him round to mine? I've been trying to engage one for weeks but they don't respond or don't show up. Work-shy the lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinks- Have you been washing your plates in the shower, or just stopped eating? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making the problems of my morning, seem insignificant! Nothing like perspective to make things much rosier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope its sorted soon my lovely - on the other hand your nicely making me not envious of aga owners :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh we have an Aga too - but like you we are getting rid of it next year! I am sure Joanne Trolloppe would cry out with grief and have us shot in this world of chic kitchens - but practicality rules. We have had 19 fun years but now it is time to move on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a rayburn, just as silly when it wanted to be! they are like supermarket trollies and have minds of their own! silly wotsits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man. Good luck getting that fixed. Life is not a party when you don't have hot water!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no, we had no hot water when we came back from a week away, cue lots of rows with the OH as we were both annoyed we couldn't have a hot shower and it makes you feel so grotty! Hope it gets fixed soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Condolences on the "cold" facts of life. Hope you can get something sorted out, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, sounds like a crap day! Fingers crossed you get it sorted soon!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, no hot water is so blooming inconvenient. We've had none in the kitchen for a year now (don't worry darling, I'll fix it) and everytime I want to wash up I have to boil the kettle. Not being able to have baths must be an absolute pain. The trouble with Agas is they're gorgeous, but not really all that practical.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i feel your pain! - no hot water is not nice... hope the plumber gets there quick sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Complete feckin' nightmare!!! I can't stand domestic crisis like that...thank gawd I wasn't born a couple of hundred years ago. Hope it's resolved (Aga and husband) soon XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you just switch it on for a while then manually shut it off when you think the water's been heated enough? We don't have Aga here...I don't think...
    Try to have a happy weekend sweetie!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. What Donna said. I was without hot water for like 12 hours once, was NOT fun. We have a water heater down @ the old house where my cousin lives, my mom and dad bought it when they put water in the house in 1954...yep it's still working, about 200 gallons and full of stone but it works like a charm..go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Catching up after too long a gap, and glad to see you're just as feisty as ever Crystal! Don't know about the dog poo though.. I do hope you sort your hot water/aga probs soon. M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh we've had that problem - I don't envy you CJ but hope the plumber can come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have a temporary solution with the hot water but still not happy!

    Thank you for your comments, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're telling us, Kathryn, that you're temporarily "in hot water"? Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I try my best to reply to each one individually.