Friday, 31 December 2010

It Only Just Begins

At a few minutes past midnight on 1st January 2010, I kissed Amy while she slept, and said, "happy new year." As I left her bedroom, I said to the Farmer, "something significant will happen this year," but I didn't really know what that significant event would be. So much has happened in my life throughout 2010 that the roller coaster on which I have travelled now grinds to an abrupt halt as it reaches the beginning of another journey. Significant it may be, eventful, probably, but I hope the next journey through 2011 brings that little ray of sunshine I was hoping for in 2010.

1. Health issues: Amy's autism continued to astound me on a daily basis; I found out that I have a different type of epilepsy to the one I was diagnosed with twelve years ago; I experienced periodic seizures for the first seven months of the year; changed medication; lost my driving licence through my condition.

2. Writing: finished my paranormal romance; felt the relief when I finally closed the file, only to open it again a few months later to begin editing; found a wonderful editor who helped me considerably and is giving me an enormous amount of support in order to achieve my dream; discovered how bloody hard it is to edit and reach perfection, if that can ever be reached, and prepare a manuscript for submission. That doesn't guarantee publication which is a whole different issue.

3. Farming: a successful harvest at last, after last year's disaster; selling price of lamb increased; atrocious weather conditions caused havoc in the fields, meaning 400 sheep needed feeding twice a day, twice as much spent on fuel, twice as much on feed, more work for the Farmer.

4. Paranormal: it's been eventful. I intend to talk more about this next year, perhaps when I think more seriously about collating my experiences in either book or blog form.

I shall raise my glass of Vimto to a new year filled with more highs than lows; we need to accept the lows in order to appreciate the highs. There are things I'd like to change, resolutions I'd like to make, goals I want to achieve, but all in all, so long as we stay happy and healthy, the rest is bound to follow.

Peace and Prosperity to you all.

32 comments:

  1. You have had so much to deal with and I hope that 2011 brings you some relief on the farm and in the health of your family. I love your positive attitude! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you said it all with "we need to accept the lows in order to appreciate the highs." may 2011 be a good one!!! happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's clink virtual glasses over the internet - Happy New Year to all at the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As suggested by Troy, will clink a virtual toast to you. It's been lovely to get to know you - and I'll never forget this year when you sent me two chocolate oranges in the post to keep me going! How fab was that xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have spent some time looking back on my blog to realise I have known you for quite some time - hopefully one day we just may meet up for a coffee - or something, twould be right grand!
    All the very best for 2011. Dxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2011 to all at Jigsaw Farm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an interesting yer for you all. I hope 2011 is good to you and I look forward to your paranormal blog posts!

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy New Year, to you, The Farmer and Amy! May 2011 bring you the greatest joys you dare to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice.i agree with shadow...best line there...happy new years

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you all things warm, fuzzy and beautiful in the New Year!

    Celebrate!!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  11. A year full of ups and downs, that's for sure.
    Hope 2011 is full of blessings for you and your family!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the positive attitude! Your New Year will be awesome and I'm looking forward to your 2011 post. Thanks for visitng me, and I'm now a follower. :-) oh and I'm heading to have my coffee, 10sugar..6cream.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a wonderful new year. Much love to you, Amy and the farmer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year!!!
    Beautifully said sweet friend...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year and hope that 2011 will be kinder to you on all fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...you really have had a full plate this past year...I love your attitude...Happy and healthy 2011 to you and your loved ones...I raise my glass in cheers to you! XX

    PS Loved the sticker book! Thank you! Was truly a blessing to recieve.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wishing you, Amy & The Farmer the Bestest for 2011 CJ-
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely post. Happy New Year to you and yours, Kathryn. May 2011 bring all wonderful things your way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you and your family much health and happiness, these are all we need for everything else to fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy new year to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful post to read. Here is to a happy and healthy 2011 and I look forward to reading all about it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! Crystal,

    Crystal said,"I shall raise my glass of Vimto to a new year filled with more highs than lows; we need to accept the lows in order to appreciate the highs."
    I love your balance...Here wishing you,and your family all the best in the upcoming year(s) too!

    "so long as we stay happy and healthy, the rest is bound to follow."
    I agree with you, 100 percent...

    Crystal,
    Peace and Prosperity to you, Amy, the Farmer, your family, friends and readers too!

    DeeDee ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your blog, your daughter is absolutely beautiful. I envy you your working farm and living in a Victorian Era home even with all the "issues" that come with living in it. I prefer to see it all as character in older homes.

    2011 shall definitely have its own special mark in our personal histories.

    Light and Love!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wish you a joyful, peaceful new year and every good thing that is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Peace and prosperity to you too, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year to you, hope you have lots of highs this year.

    I've tagged you in my post with a stylish blogger award :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. May the New Year bring you all the happiness you can take, good health and not a little wealth [always handy].

    ReplyDelete
  28. http://www.realmomreviews.net
    Following your blog! Please follow back!
    If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be awesome too!!
    http://www.facebook.com/RealMomReviews
    Thanks for your time!
    Skye

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope 2011 brings you all you dream of:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your attitude. You are truly one of those 'bend but not break' people who give so many of us strength as we deal with our own demons and ordeals.

    I hope that 2011 is a year of small graces, discoveries, adventures and new sights seen through new eyes for you all.

    Hugs and blessings for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I try my best to reply to each one individually.