Wednesday, 30 October 2013

I'm a Woman and I Will Moan

It hasn't been the best of weeks, granted. The thing is, and I'm going to get personal here, I'm at *that* age, you know girls, where a woman has to accept that certain "changes" are starting to happen and she experiences things like insomnia, horrendous mood swings, night time hot flushes. The list does of course go on, and on, and on, but we ladies are good at shrugging things off and getting on with it. Though this last week I've been ready to throttle the next cold caller that dials my number, and that's a step up from just wanting to tell them to fuck off. Seriously though, I haven't been in a great mood and I do feel a bit guilty when I look at The Farmer and see questions in his eyes, like, "What have I done now?"

The fact I lost my Internet service last Wednesday and it only came back on yesterday after far too much faffing and fiddling about, obviously put the icing on my mood. My new ISP, even though much better customer service than BT, did fanny about somewhat, having me unscrewing, disconnecting, testing, trying new routers, new filters and a few new expletives, before they finally paid for a BT OpenReach engineer to come out almost a week later to fix the problem. It's been working since but it has irritated me how I've probably done more work trying to fix it than the engineer needed to do. However, we customers are always right, unless it's a utility company of course.

Anyway, my mood has thankfully lifted and my Broadband is back, so who am I to complain? Till next time...

8 comments:

  1. At 67 I have come to accept the changes that age brings, although not always with a smile! So, I understand a little bit. The Internet is another issue. I have spent too many hours of my life being "talked through" connection problems to ever accept (or smile about) the process. Have a better week next! OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have become SO dependent on the internet....jusrt makes me want to open an"real" book...
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need a good moan every so often. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing worse than trying to deal with stuff like that when you know it's pretty much out of your control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be very upset if my internet was down for a week. I seen a study on customer service a few month back and the companies with worst ratings were telecommunication companies. It seems like a lot of companies have forgot how to provide customer service. Good customer service is part of the things I look at when I do business with a company or person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "changes" are too awful for words! Great that your internet is back up and running, that would have driven me crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do sympathise CJ! Sometimes we just get those weeks,don't we? Better luck next week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got my sympathy, too. There are times when one wants to bury one's head in the sand until whatever's happening passes. Those "changes" are miserable. Hang in there, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I try my best to reply to each one individually.